The Indiana Quality Assurance Builder Standards
Because of their importance, we feel it beneficial to make you more aware of the Indiana Quality Assurance Builder Standards discussed in our construction agreement.
The Indiana Builders Association Board of Directors adapted the Indiana Quality Assurance Builder Standards as the official statewide standards for all builders in the state of Indiana. The Indiana Quality Assurance Builder Standards provide new homebuyers, the first time ever, a way to measure the quality of their new home construction against an industry-approved set of standards.
These standards create a series of performance standards that the builder and homeowner can use to communicate and understand each other's expectations regarding the building project. The standards also address the most prevalent issues that arise between the builder and customer before the project, and most importantly, after the project is complete. All to often, it is the undefined expectations that create the majority of the problems encountered in the building process.
The Indiana Builders Association is a non-profit membership trade association representing over 5,500 member firms in Indiana. Talbert Homes & More LLC is an active member of The Indiana Builders Association.
More on the Program...
The Indiana Quality Assurance Builder Standards (QABS) program, developed by the Indiana Builders Association, is a series of performance standards that both consumers and builders can use to communicate and understand each other's expectations regarding building and remodeling projects.
This encourages professionalism within the home building industry and increases the likelihood that consumers will have satisfactory experiences when building or remodeling homes.
Only members of the Southwestern Indiana Builders Association can participate in the QABS program locally, so working with a SIBA member is the only way you can get the assurances the QABS program provides. When you sign a contract to work with a SIBA member (including Talbert Homes & More), you'll receive an Indiana QABS manual that does the following:
- Establishes construction standards for home building
- Includes descriptions of major areas of construction
- Eliminates and prevents misunderstandings by addressing the vast majority of the questions that arise in the course of the typical construction or remodeling process
- Provides protection for the consumer and the builder by defining the builder's and the homeowner's responsibilities
- Defines for consumers what to expect before, during and after the completion of a project
- Provides a mechanism for resolving conflicts
- Ensures customer satisfaction
- For detailed information about the Standards program, see QUABS Information.